1. The harmonies, concepts and arrangements used in "Magic Voices" are owned by "Magic Voices". In taking part in any rehearsal, performance, workshop or event it is agreed that any use of resources, techniques and ideas will not be used, amended, copied or replicated at any other event, or to any group or in any venue. If found to be used, legal action will ensue against the individual.
2. "Magic Voices" reserves the right to stop admission of any member who does not fulfil the requirements or who is deemed to be joining "Magic Voices" to abuse their membership to access the intellectual property or brand owned by "Magic Voices"
3. "Magic Voices" rehearsals runs for up to 52+ sessions per year including concerts. "Magic Voices" reserves the right to alter the schedule of rehearsals to fit in with performances and other events that may be taking place.
4. "Magic Voices" will only proceed with a minimum sized group. If this minimum is not achieved, all members will be refunded the full amount they have paid.
5. In the event of cancellation due to bad weather (snow for example), we regret that no refunds can be given. Our choir master however will make every effort to open the venue.
Preston and Lytham ONLY: Membership of Magic Voices is £27.50 per month throughout the year (12 months x £27.50). Please note, subscriptions will still be taken even on days that there are no rehearsals (half terms etc) as this is an installment plan based on 35 sessions per year.
General note. The cost of membership of Magic Voices is calculated on an annual basis (although membership requires only a 13 week commitment). For this reason, subscriptions continue regardless of the 2 week breaks (Preston and Lytham work differently as above)
6. All subscriptions (weekly/quarterly) are for a minimum of 13 weeks.
7. If a weekly subscription is cancelled before the required 13 weeks minimum, the member will be invoiced for the remainder.
8. If a subscription is stopped, then restarted, the 13 weeks begins when the new subscription takes effect regardless of any previous subscription
9. Subscriptions continue until cancelled and are for a minimum of 13 weeks. Weekly subscriptions continue during the two week breaks (remember, this is just an easy way to pay by instalments, they are not 'per session'; that's what tokens are for). Members however can attend at least 52 sessions per year including concerts and other choirs if desired. Four weeks notice must be given for cancellation. Subscriptions may not be restarted until 12 weeks have elapsed since cancellation.
10. If a quarterlysubscription is cancelled at any point during the 13 weeks, members can continue to attend for the rest of the 'term'. No refund will be given on subscriptions
11. If a member cancels an automatic subscription, any remaining balance may be converted to tokens rounded down to the nearest £11.50 (or current price of tokens) at Magic Voices' discretion. If the balance is not converted, then membership will continue until 13 weeks after the final payment has been made.
11 a) Magic Voices breaks for 2 weeks at Christmas and 2 weeks at Easter (usually). However, members can still attend 52 (or more) sessions per year as they include all concerts and membership of all other choirs.
12. Tokens are not transferable and membership may be terminated (without refund) of any member receiving or transfering tokens from another member.
13. Tokens are required for all events (except concerts) for members who are not enrolled by subscription.
14. Tokens are NOT refundable. However, they are valid for 5 calendar months.
14 a) LOST TOKEN CARDS. If a token card is lost, then membership will end after 13 weeks from the date the tokens were purchased.
15. In making an application, members are assumed to be medically fit to undertake the vocal and physical demands of Magic Voices. If an individual has any doubts, these should be indicated to MAGIC VOICES prior to their application.
16. The director reserves the right to stop admission of any member who does not fulfil the requirements.
17. Photographs, sound recordings and film footage may be taken of all the members and used for advertising and marketing purposes in relation to Magic Voices
1. "Magic Voices" is not responsible for damage to person or personal belongings whilst attending rehearsals and performances or before and after rehearsals and performances.
2. "Magic Voices" members are responsible for their own property and well-being whilst attending all rehearsals and performances.
3. Travel arrangements are to be made by each member to rehearsals and performances.
1. "Magic Voices" aims to create a safe and positive environment for all its members. In order to do this, we must ensure acceptable standards of behaviour from our members.
2. All members should be punctual to rehearsals and adhere to times and guidelines set by MAGIC
3. All members should respond to the leadership of the director and official staff members.
4. Members should be co-operative with both staff and fellow members, and uphold an equal-opportunity environment. Any negative behaviour towards others, the director or to the rehearsal and performance environment will lead to cancellation of membership. In this case, membership payment will not be refunded.
5. Members should understand clearly that "Magic Voices" cannot be held financially responsible for damage caused by misconduct.
Personal and private information held at "MAGIC VOICES" head office will not be passed to external bodies or organisations unless agreed to by each member. Members will be contacted by post and/or email by "Magic Voices" only in any other circumstances. AMENDMENTS
"Magic Voices" reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at anytime without notice.