Terms & Conditions
1. The harmonies, concepts and arrangements used in "Magic Voices" are owned by "Magic Voices". In taking part in any rehearsal, performance, workshop or event it is agreed that any use of resources, techniques and ideas will not be used, amended, copied or replicated at any other event, or to any group or in any venue. If found to be used, legal action will ensue against the individual.
2. "Magic Voices" reserves the right to stop admission of any member who does not fulfil the requirements or who is deemed to be joining "Magic Voices" to abuse their membership to access the intellectual property or brand owned by "Magic Voices"
3. "Magic Voices" rehearsals runs for 34 sessions per year (including concerts). "Magic Voices" reserves the right to alter the schedule of rehearsals to fit in with performances and other events that may be taking place.
4. "Magic Voices" will only proceed with a minimum sized group. If this minimum is not achieved, all members will be refunded the full amount they have paid.
5. In the event of cancellation due to bad weather (snow for example), we regret that no refunds can be given. Our choir master however will make every effort to open the venue. If the venue cannot be opened, then an online session will be provided when possible.
1) If we are forced to close by government regulations, sessions will then move online and no refunds will be given.
2) Magic Voices is not liable for any illness (including COVID) that may be contracted during a rehearsal. All members attend at their own risk.
3) We current require proof of vaccination OR a recent negative test OR an NHS covid pass OR proof of immunity. This decision was taken at the request of the majority of our members. It be be reviewed regularly.
1) The members area is available to all members with active subscriptions. If a subscription is cancelled, then access to the members area will be lost. Any NEW music needed for unused sessions will be provided free of charge at the rehearsal.
1) Membership of our Facebook group(s) is dependant on an active subscription. Unfortunately we cannot accomodate members who have cancelled their membership.
6. All subscriptions (weekly/quarterly) are for a minimum of 13 weeks.
7. If a weekly subscription is cancelled before the required 13 weeks minimum, the member will be invoiced for the remainder.
8. If a subscription is stopped, then restarted, the 13 weeks begins when the new subscription takes effect regardless of any previous subscription
9. Subscriptions continue until cancelled and are for a minimum of 13 weeks. Weekly subscriptions continue during the term breaks breaks (remember, this is just an easy way to pay by instalments, they are not 'per session'). Members however can attend at least 30 sessions per year including concerts and other choirs if desired. Four weeks notice must be given for cancellation. Subscriptions may not be restarted until 12 weeks have elapsed since cancellation.
10. If a quarterly subscription is cancelled at any point during the 13 weeks, members can continue to attend for the rest of the 'term'. No refund will be given on subscriptions
12. Tokens are not transferable and membership may be terminated (without refund) of any member receiving or transfering tokens from another member.
13. Tokens are required for all events (except concerts) for members who are not enrolled by subscription.
14. Tokens are NOT refundable. However, they are valid for 5 calendar months.
14 a) LOST TOKEN CARDS. If a token card is lost, then membership will end after 13 weeks from the date the tokens were purchased.
15. In making an application, members are assumed to be medically fit to undertake the vocal and physical demands of Magic Voices. If an individual has any doubts, these should be indicated to MAGIC VOICES prior to their application.
16. The director reserves the right to stop admission of any member who does not fulfil the requirements.
17. Photographs, sound recordings and film footage may be taken of all the members and used for advertising and marketing purposes in relation to Magic Voices
NOTE: TOKENS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION AFTER JULY 2021
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. "Magic Voices" is not responsible for damage to person or personal belongings whilst attending rehearsals and performances or before and after rehearsals and performances.
2. "Magic Voices" members are responsible for their own property and well-being whilst attending all rehearsals and performances.
3. Travel arrangements are to be made by each member to rehearsals and performances.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. "Magic Voices" aims to create a safe and positive environment for all its members. In order to do this, we must ensure acceptable standards of behaviour from our members.
2. All members should be punctual to rehearsals and adhere to times and guidelines set by MAGIC
3. All members should respond to the leadership of the director and official staff members.
4. Members should be co-operative with both staff and fellow members, and uphold an equal-opportunity environment. Any negative behaviour towards others, the director or to the rehearsal and performance environment will lead to cancellation of membership. In this case, membership payment will not be refunded.
5. Members should understand clearly that "Magic Voices" cannot be held financially responsible for damage caused by misconduct.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
Personal and private information held at "MAGIC VOICES" head office will not be passed to external bodies or organisations unless agreed to by each member. Members will be contacted by post and/or email by "Magic Voices" only in any other circumstances. AMENDMENTS
"Magic Voices" reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at anytime without notice.